2023 Summer Program Alert
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
SUMMER PROGRAM ALERT
4-H/4-H EFNEP Boot Camp is a free, summer program that combines health and physical fitness with social and life skills. 4-H empowers young people to lead for a lifetime. Through a variety of hands-on learning opportunities, youth are positioned to build confidence, creativity, curiosity and life skills such as leadership and resiliency.
WHO: Ages 5-18
WHEN: JULY 24-AUGUST 17, 8:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Thursday
Healthy Lifestyles (Cooking, Exercise, Sports), Creative Arts, STEM (Robotics and Forensics), Life Skills (Sewing, etc.). To provide a well-rounded experience, the summer camp will focus on four components along with the hands-on learning activities:
- Creative Arts:
- Creating art using various mediums (painting, drawing, sculpting, etc.)
- Wood burning techniques and crafts
- Sewing and textile art projects
- Digital media creation (photography, graphic design, video editing, etc.)
- Healthy Living:
- Cooking and nutrition education
- Making healthy snacks and smoothies
- Learning about the benefits of exercise and physical activity
- Exploring mindfulness and stress management techniques
- Life Skills:
- Communication and public speaking exercises
- Problem-solving activities and critical thinking exercises
- Financial literacy and money management lessons
- Time management and organization skills development
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math):
- Introduction to coding and programming concepts
- Building and programming robots or simple electronic circuits
- Exploring basic engineering principles through hands-on projects
- Conducting science experiments and investigations
This camp curriculum offers a range of engaging activities that promote creativity, healthy habits, life skills development, and STEM knowledge. Participants will have the opportunity to explore different areas of interest and gain valuable hands-on learning experiences.
To register for the 4-H/4-H EFNEP Summer Boot Camp, you can register online through two easy steps:
- Enroll your child(ren) in 4-H by using 4-H Enrollment (instructions attached)
- Selecting the week(s) that you want your child to attend camp 4-H/4-H EFNEP Summer Boot Camp Registration
Spaces are limited, so please register early! Once all of the spots are filled, your child will be added to a waitlist.
If there is a change in your schedule and availability in which your child will not be able to attend camp, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can fill that spot to allow another child the opportunity to have a wondrous 4-H summer. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone (910) 277-2422.